Kaye Griffin Clinical Hypnotherapist Bacchus Marsh
Kaye Griffin is a clinical hypnotherapist practicing at Mind Matters Counselling Services in Bacchus Marsh, VIC
Contact Kaye Griffin Clinical Hypnotherapist Bacchus Marsh
- Australian Hypnotherapists Association
- Accredited EMDR Practitioner (Stage 1, Stage 2, Master Class)
- Advanced Certificate of Supervision
- Certificate 1V Clinical Hypnosis
- Certificate IV Counselling & Conflict Resolution
- Certificate Ethical Maturity – Supervision
- Certificate for Group Supervision
- Certificate of Supervisor
- Certified in Brainspotting™, Supervisor, (Level 1, Level 2, Level 3, Level 4. Intensive Training, and Master Class
- Certified Animal Assisted Therapy – Caine Interventions
- Diploma Clinical Hypnosis
- Diploma Ego State Therapy
- Graduate Diploma Advanced Counselling
- Masters Psychotherapy & Counselling (University of Ballarat)
- Somatic Trauma Therapy
Specialties / Areas of Interest
- Animal Assisted Psychotherapy (Canine)
- Attachment Disorder
- Behaviour Change
- Clinical Supervision
- Conflict Resolution
- Domestic Violence
- Eating Disorder Intervention Facilitator – Certified by Australian Centre For Eating Disorders (ACFED)
- Ego State Therapy
- Emotional Eating and Over Eating
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Eye Movement Desensitisation Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Grief & Loss
- Group Supervision
- Group Therapy Programs – Emotional Eating
- Health Problems
- Intensive Therapy
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Mood Disorders
- Obesity Intervention Facilitator – Certified by Australian Centre For Eating Disorders (ACFED)
- Pain Management
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Self Esteem
- Sexual Abuse
- Sleep Disorders
- Somatic Trauma Therapy
- Stop Smoking
- Suicide Bereavement
- Traumatic Stress
- Victims of Crime
- Virtual Gastric Band
- Weight Control
- Work Cover
About Kaye Griffin’s Practice at Bacchus Marsh, Victoria
I have a focus within my work on trauma, crisis, addictions, eating disorders, obesity, grief and loss and work with all presenting issues and symptoms that arise within the client work.
My philosophy is to work together with each client to assist them to achieve their desired goals in a calm, safe and positive way.
The focus of my work is the provision of intensive therapy sessions. I provide a small number of 1 hour appointments to those clients that require short term counselling and therapy.
I specialise in providing intensive somatic trauma, grief and loss therapy and provide individual and group clinical supervision. All my work is developed with you and is a unique program tailored to your individual needs.
I work within trauma and trauma related issues (including addictions, attachment disorders, eating disorders, anxiety, and depression), death, dying, grief, loss, and crisis.
The intensive therapy is commenced with a two hour assessment session (face to face or by Zoom) to determine if the intensive therapy program is right for you. Sessions are run for three – four hours (with breaks). A typical day would commence with a session in the morning, a lunch break and a session in the afternoon. These are run for 2 – 4 consecutive days with the final session providing consolidation and review.
The intensive program offers a depth of healing in the therapy that is similar to what is provided in a retreat – the difference is this is within the normal environment of daily living and can be booked for a single day or multiple days without the commitment to weeks at a time. There are local B&B and Airbnb accommodation available to those that are travelling across town, interstate or overseas.
I work with adolescents (15 years old and up) or adults either individually or group work. I have trained my Alaskan Malamute – Emmie in Animal Assisted Therapy. We work together as a team during assessment and intensive sessions.
I offer individual and group supervision session for a variety of professionals within the helping areas. I can provide these in my rooms in Bacchus Marsh or by Skype or Zoom.
I am passionate about delivering and developing more supervision skills and knowledge and it is a focus in my professional development and practice.
Underlying issues often play a significant role in what and how we feel. I use a combination of Psychotherapy, Brainspotting™, Animal Assisted Therapy, EMDR, Trauma Informed Therapy, Brain Based Therapies, Somatic Therapy, Expressive Arts Therapy and Hypnotherapy to assist in identifying and working with any underlying issues.
I work in an integrative way that empowers and supports adaptive coping skills that see individuals as not only capable of surviving but thriving through celebrating resilience and self compassion and empathy for self and others.
EMDR and BrainspottingTM are advanced neurobiological psychotherapies that integrate and combine with talk therapies, expressive therapies, body centred psychotherapy and trauma specific and trauma informed therapies to support clients to make meaning in a way that allows healing and promotes living a more pleasant life.