Marian Ruyter Clinical Hypnotherapist Bendigo
Marian Ruyter is a clinical hypnotherapist practicing at Bendigo Counselling & Hypnotherapy in Bendigo, VIC
Contact Marian Ruyter Clinical Hypnotherapist
- Australian Hypnotherapists Association
- Diploma in Clinical Hypnotherapy
- Cert IV in Clinical Hypnotherapy
Specialties / Areas of Interest
I am a qualified counsellor, hypnotherapist, EMDR practitioner and professional mediator and can assist you to:
- Improve mental health – deal with anxiety, depression, OCD, Bi-Polar disorder, stress management and relaxation, phobias, panic attacks, PTSD, affect of past abuse, fears and worrying
- Improve general health – improve sleeping habits, weight management, smoking cessation, change addictive habits, chronic pain management, management of effect of chronic illness, Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- Improve relationships – interpersonal communication and conflict resolution skills
- Enhance self esteem – build self confidence, increase motivation, achieve success
- Resolve conflict or dispute through professional mediation
About Marian Ruyter’s Practice
I am committed to delivering high quality counselling and hypnotherapy. My approach is solution focussed and client centred. I consider it very important to build a positive, respectful relationship with clients, and then to work together on the issues. I am very skilled in assisting clients to assess and identify their needs, their strengths and to find pathways of resolution. Over my years of experience I have found that every client I have met, has carried their own solution within.
Professional Registrations and memberships: Australian Hypnotherapist Association, Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia, Australian College of Mental Health Nurses, William Glasser Institute Australia, Australian Counselling Association, Australian Mediation Assocation, National Association for Loss and Grief, Eyemovement Desensitisation Reprocessing (EMDR) Association Australia
Registered provider for: Medicare Allied Health and Dental Care Initiative (EPC), WorkSafe, Victims of Crime Tribunal, TAC, Employment Assistance Program(s)
Some History: I was born in the Netherlands, where I trained and practised as an Intellectual Disability Nurse. I migrated to Australia in 1978 and have lived in Bendigo since 1983. Since moving to Bendigo, I completed a Bachelor of Nursing, (Psychiatric Major) Honour studies and became an Accredited Mental Health Nurse. Following further training, study and practice, I was Accredited as a Grief Counsellor with the National Association for Loss and Grief (NALAG) and also as a Reality Therapist in Choice Theory, Reality Therapy and Lead Management. I am currently a Faculty member with the William Glasser Institute, Australia and also a graduate Clinical Hypnotherapist with the Academy of Hypnotic Science in Melbourne.
Work experience in counselling: From the mid 1990’s until July 2015 I was part of St Luke’s Anglicare where I worked with families, young people in residential care, and adolescents at risk, adolescents with an intellectual disability and with people with chronic mental health difficulties. I was also a Senior Gambler’s Help Counsellor in their Loddon-Mallee Gambler’s Help Service.
In addition to the above roles, from February 2003 to September 2012, I counselled as a private practitioner on a part time basis at Ivan Honey and Associates and at the Bendigo Centre for Loss and Grief. My counselling experience has included working with clients experiencing loss and grief, crime and trauma, clients with gambling, relationship and family issues, clients needing conflict resolution assistance, clients with a disability and clients with mental health difficulties such as anxiety, depression and Bi-polar disorder.
Work experience in Clinical Hypnotherapy: As well as counselling I also practise as a clinical hypnotherapist. I find hypnotherapy a powerful therapeutic technique which assists clients to achieve long term changes. This is achieved by helping clients to change habits, release underlying issues and their emotional affect. I enjoy teaching clients the skill of self-hypnosis, which involves learning to access the power of the inner mind, the inner resources and experiencing a greater understanding of themselves and a sense of inner control. I have utilised hypnotherapy techniques to assist clients with smoking cessation, weight management, addiction problems, wanting a healthy lifestyle, changing habits, resolving anxiety and depression, managing stress, managing anger and continual worrying, achieve relaxation, and pain management.
Clinical Hypnotherapist Bendigo Counselling and Hypnotherapy
- To provide high quality counselling and hypnotherapy, as to assist people to create positive change in their lives and to provide them with the tools to take control over their own lives.
- To create calm, caring and nurturing environment which is satisfying to all involved.
- To increase capacity in self evaluation and self development,
- To share tools for gaining inner control.
- To share tools for strengthening parenting skills
- To always expect the best of ourselves and others.
- To teach Choice Theory and self hypnosis, to individuals and groups.
I believe that hypnosis is not mind control. I guide a person into hypnosis; ALL hypnosis is guided self-hypnosis, the person has the power and control in the process and I am the expert in guiding the person into trance, facilitating the clients abilities, imagination and motivation for change.
I am committed to delivering high quality counselling and hypnotherapy. My approach is solution focussed and client centred. Over my years of experience I have found that every client I have met has carried their own solution within, to (re)gain inner control and (re)direction of their life’s journey.