Barbara Craven Clinical Hypnotherapist Ringwood
Barbara Craven is a clinical hypnotherapist practicing at Changed Insights in Ringwood, VIC 3138
Contact Barbara Craven Clinical Hypnotherapist Ringwood
- International Strategic Psychotherapists Association
- Masters in Organisational and Industrial Psychology
- Honours in Clinical Psychology
- Master Executive Programme in Business Leadership
- Diploma in Strategic Psychotherapy and Clinical Hypnotherapy
Specialties / Areas of Interest
- Different kinds of Anxiety , – this may be General anxiety, Social Anxiety, Phobias, OCD or compulsive behaviours, Pre and Post natal anxiety, performance anxiety, health anxiety, stress, overwhelm and emotional exhaustion
- Different forms of Depression, – this may be pre or post natal depression, general depression, grief
- Behaviour Challenges –
• For children who need behaviour modification support and coaching;
• For tweens and teenagers who are angry, withdrawn, isolating, aggressive;
• For adults who are angry, aggressive, dominating, and have poor relationship records.
• For couples who want to improve their relationship, learn how to make better decisions together, or separate without a custody fight.
• For Parents – who have a new baby, integrate families, separate families, are involved in ongoing custody fights
• Domestic abuse and Violence – in particular children, including tweens and teenagers, who experience and are part of domestic violence situations. I also work with perpetrators who have family intervention orders and need to deal with their anger management and outbursts.
- Pain which needs management – pain is both a nerve impulse AND an experience. Learning how to control the experience of the pain, has been proven to reduce the physical sensation of pain. Pain management therapy is available for those facing surgery or medical interventions or dealing with chronic pain.
About Barbara’s Practice
Barbara Craven – Clinical Hypnotherapist Ringwood
Barbara is passionate about helping people develop and maintain their own robust mental health, irrespective of what is happening in all the other areas of their lives. This is what Changed Insights is focused on delivering to clients.
Having strong mental health is a journey, and sometimes it is a good one, whilst at other times, not so good. This is normal and exists for everyone.
Struggling alone with these challenging times is more exhausting and unhelpful than it needs to be.
Book a session (http://changedinsights.com.au/booking-page/) to discuss your journey – and I am sure it will become less challenging and easier to enjoy.
Barbara has worked as a psychologist and psychotherapist for more than 25 years in both business and personal settings. She is an accredited hypnotherapist, accredited psychologist and registered Psychotherapist in Australia.
She offers both Online Telehealth sessions – mainly for adults, as well as face-to-face sessions based from The Community Doctor (Vhttps://thecommunitydoctor.com.au/allied-services/mental-health) in Ringwood, Victoria. Children and tweens tend to be better in face-to-face sessions, whilst some tweens and teens can manage Telehealth if there is no other alternative.
Barbara uses a variety of different therapy techniques, including clinical hypnotherapy and strategic psychotherapy, so she can develop a unique treatment plan to meet the needs of her clients.
Barbara is particularly interested in supporting children of domestic violence and abuse. She has worked for over a year as a court ordered parental supervisor and many of her family reports have been presented as court evidence. Using Hypnotherapy, EMDR and trauma assisted psychotherapy delivers fast and effective treatment for children of all ages who are caught up in the battle of family separation, custody battles and violence.
Barbara supports the continual improvement of the mental health industry by supporting the International Strategic Psychotherapists Association (ISPA) as National Vice President, enabling the Hypnotherapy Council of Australia which is the peak body for the industry as Treasurer, and supporting student therapists as a Faculty member of the Institute of Applied Psychology.