HCA National Hypnotherapists Register
HCA National Hypnotherapists Register – Registration Form
How To Be Listed On The HCA National Hypnotherapists Register
The Hypnotherapy Council of Australia’s National Hypnotherapists Register is the only cross-association register of hypnotherapists in Australia endorsed by the peak body for the hypnotherapy profession. Developed from the previous ANHR register the HCANR is open to all practicing members (except student members) of HCA member associations. These are:
- Australian Association of Clinical Hypnotherapy and Psychotherapy
- Australian Association of Professional Hypnotherapists and NLP
- Australian Hypnotherapists Association
- Professional Clinical Hypnotherapists of Australia
- Professional Hypnotherapists of Australia
If you are a member in good standing of one of these associations you are eligible to be listed on the national register. The purpose of the register is to promote hypnotherapy to the public, state and federal governments, private health funds as well as a way for the Hypnotherapy Council of Australia to support associations and in turn individual hypnotherapists.
In a climate of industry self-regulation it is important that the public have access to a register of hypnotherapists who are qualified, practice under a code of ethics and are accountable to the wider profession. The HCANR provides this as all hypnotherapists listed on the register are members of associations who in turn form part of the profession’s peak body. Members of the public seeking the services of a hypnotherapists will be able to do so with the confidence of knowing that all hypnotherapists listed in the HCANR are qualified, practice ethically and are accountable to their professional bodies.
Government and private health funds
Since the deregulation of the practice of hypnosis in Australia, the government’s preferred choice is to interact with an industry peak body rather than several associations. The HCA was established with this purpose in mind and the HCANR is a practical outworking of this policy allowing both government and private health funds access to a register of qualified hypnotherapists.
The benefits for individual hypnotherapists listed on the HCANR are:
- a stronger more united profession
- an opportunity to promote their practices
- credibility of being a HCA Registered Hypnotherapist and taking advantage of the HCA’s promotion of the HCA National Register and also the unified identity that comes from this.
How to be listed
- to be listed on the HCANR hypnotherapists must be a qualified practicing member in good standing with one of the HCA member associations.
- download and read the 2 documents below. Listings that do not comply with HCA guidelines will not be processed.
- complete and submit the form below.
- wait patiently! Your details will be uploaded to the register but new listings will take between 6-8 weeks to become live. Listings will be processed in the order in which they are received. If your listing is not live within this timeframe please contact us at registrations at hcaaustralianhypnotherapists.com.au.
Please download and read these documents before completing the new listing form below:
HCANR Listing Form – New Listings
(to amend your existing listing click here)